Career Profile






We are all students bound to finish school.. Now it's time for reality.... it's time to look for a job to apply the skills and knowledge that we have learned! As a Interior Architecture major, I will need to search for a job in the design field. I found that Undergraduate architecture students are reportedly facing 13.9 percent unemployment rates, compared to the other struggling majors in the arts at 11.1 percent

The job that I am aiming for is a technical designer for Gensler. I want this job because it’s a start to my career in architecture. Gensler is one of the biggest integrated architecture, design, planning and consulting firms in the world. A step into this company would be great for a successful future either to work for them or it would simply be a GREAT place to start.

I will be participating in all project phases that includes conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production while collaborating with a design team, clients, consultants, contractors to meet overall project objectives. I will produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings, which all start with using my sketching rendering techniques to communicate design concepts.

The skills needed for the job start with the knowledge of design and code followed with use of 2D/3D software, such as CAD, Revit, V-Ray as well as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch Up.
This job is an inside desk job where I will use a pen and pencil and my mind to come up with creations that will then be transferred onto the computer, where I hope will then see my creation come to life. I also want to see myself go far in the design industry, this would be the place to do it. 

I would work in a corporate building and or office, and visit other design/construction sites if needed. For example this exact job is located in a building in downtown San Diego. As mentioned above, I would work with a design team, clients, consultants, contractors, and different construction companies.

The type of education that is required is a bachelors in Interior Design or Architecture in which I am nearly 2 semesters away from accomplishing a degree in Interior Architecture. In addition one needs to get AIA and LEED certified. This is a paid job and has an average salary starting at a estimated salary of $46k-$67k according to glassdoor.com 

Starting here for this company would be a great start to a bright future. I will gain knowledge and experience here to ignite me for whatever position I would want in the future. Once an employer finds out I have worked for Gensler, this will show that I have some great experience from the past, since Gensler is a VERY known company it is the Microsoft or Apple of the design world. My goal is simply to start, and make my way up to hopefully start my own business.  



Comments

  1. Elias,
    I didn't realize we had such a well-known design company right here in San Diego! This is a really detailed start, I can see all the thought an planning that has gone into this decision. I also love how clearly passionate you are about this field; it's absolute bliss to be able to pursue a career in any art form, it seems like it never loses its glamour. You have a very specific plan constructed, and I wish you all the best in your pursuits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

America A Melting Pot Since The Beginning